- Make two separate circle/rings with paper strips
- Tape WELL (both sides across the edges)
- Put the two circle/rings together perpendicularly
- Tape WELL (both sides through the original circles)
- Cut down the middle of EACH circle.
- After one circle is cut down the middle, ask yourself:
- Is that a square? If not, what might you call what you have?
- Cut down the middle of the other transformed circle
- Take a picture of you saying “wow” with the square selfie frame!
Now turn this into a STEM activity:
Hypothesize, then find out immediately:
- Where each of the two colors will be if you make one circle of one color and the second of another color
- What you will have if you make one large circle and one small circle
- What the shape will be if you put the circles together NOT perpendicularly
- What you will end up with if you substitute Moebius strips for the circles